Home
About
Contact
Advertise
Header Ads
Home
Home
Travel
Summer
Lifestyle
shop
Download
Home
/
Latest
/
HELLO POWER SPORTS (18/11/2023)
HELLO POWER SPORTS (18/11/2023)
17:11
Latest
Tags:
Hello 101.5 FM
Hello Power Sports
No comments
Subscribe to:
Post Comments ( Atom )
Follow Us
Random Posts
Facebook
Popular Posts
Ukraine ceasefire faces battlefield challenges, envoy says Steve Witkoff, Trump’s special envoy to the Middle East, emphasized the challenges of implementing a ceasefire in Ukraine, citing the vast scale of the war. Witkoff paid a visit to Moscow on March 13 for talks on the 30-day ceasefire proposal that Ukraine had accepted after a U.S.-Ukrainian meeting in Saudi Arabia on March 11. "A ceasefire involves how to get people to not be fighting with each other over a 2,000-kilometer border," he said on CBS News "Face the Nation" on March 16, noting the complexity of managing hostilities across such a large area. Witkoff pointed to key battlegrounds, including Kursk, and stressed the need to address strategic concerns like control over Ukraine’s nuclear power infrastructure and access to Black Sea ports. "There is a nuclear reactor that supplies quite a bit of electricity to the country of Ukraine. That’s got to be dealt with," he said referring to the Zaporizhzhia Nuclear Power Plant, adding that Russian objectives in specific regions must also be considered in negotiations. Europe’s largest nuclear facility, the Zaporizhzhia plant in Enerhodar, has been under Russian occupation since 2022. Although still controlled by Russian forces, the plant is not currently producing electricity. Ukraine and its allies have consistently called for Russia to withdraw its troops from the site. Since the occupation began, the plant has been repeatedly disconnected from Ukraine’s power grid due to Russian attacks on the country’s energy infrastructure. Comparing the situation to the conflict in Gaza, Witkoff noted the differences in scope. "Gaza is a finite, defined space, as compared to where the battle is being fought in Ukraine, Russia. So this is a much more complicated situation," he said. Despite these challenges, he insisted that no one is "throwing their hands up in the air" and that all stakeholders, including European partners, remain committed to seeking a resolution. ‘Painful for Russia:’ What new U.S. sanctions on Russian energy mean for Moscow The Trump administration dealt a blow to Russia’s energy sector last week after it let lapse an exemption allowing Russian banks to use U.S. payment systems for energy transactions. The move closed an important financial channel for Russian oil and gas exports and comes as Washington looks for ways The Kyiv IndependentYana Prots
Steve Witkoff, Trump’s special envoy to the Middle East, emphasized the challenges of implementing a ceasefire in Ukraine, citing the vast ...
Russian airbase in Saratov Oblast reportedly on fire after heaviest drone attack on region Editor's note: This is a developing story and is being updated. The Russian cities of Saratov and Engels were targeted in the heaviest drone attack against Saratov Oblast throughout the entire full-scale war overnight on March 20, Governor Roman Busargin claimed, reporting a fire at a local airbase. Residents reported an air raid alert followed by a series of explosions in the region, according to Russian Telegram channels. At least four blasts could be heard at around 4 a.m. local time, according to Mash. The cities of Engels and Saratov lie near the Engels-2 military airbase, which hosts strategic bomber planes regularly used for aerial strikes on Ukraine. The independent news channel Astra reported explosions near the airbase. According to Busargin, residents living near the airfield are being evacuated. The Shot Telegram channel wrote that a fire also erupted in the area of a local oil depot in Engels. Russian officials have not commented on possible damage to oil infrastructure. Two civilians were injured in Engels, authorities said. Around 30 houses were impacted in the city, and windows of a local hospital, two kindergartens, and a school were damaged, Busargin claimed. Saratov and Engels lie across from each other on the western and eastern banks of the Volga River, respectively, some 450 kilometers (280 miles) from the Russia-Ukraine border. Russian air defenses shot down 132 Ukrainian drones overnight, including 54 over Saratov Oblast, 40 over Voronezh Oblast, 22 over Belgorod Oblast, and others over the Rostov, Kursk, and Lipetsk oblasts, as well as over occupied Crimea, the Russian Defense Ministry claimed. The Ukrainian military has not commented on the claims, which could not be independently verified. The Engels-2 airbase has been repeatedly targeted by Ukraine throughout the full-scale war, most recently in January when a drone attack set fire to an ammunition depot on the airfield's territory. ‘Massive’ drone attack on Kirovohrad Oblast injures 8, including a child Russia launched its “largest attack in recent years” on Kropyvnytskyi in Kirovohrad Oblast overnight on March 20, injuring eight people, including a child, regional Governor Andriy Raykovych said. The Kyiv IndependentDmytro Basmat
Editor's note: This is a developing story and is being updated. The Russian cities of Saratov and Engels were targeted in the heaviest...
Over 30 countries expected to contribute to UK-led 'coalition of the willing,' official says Over 30 countries are prepared to contribute to the "coalition of the willing" peacekeeping force to support Ukraine, U.K. Prime Minister Keir Starmer's spokesperson said on March 17. Talks have been ongoing among Ukraine's allies to establish a peacekeeping force to monitor a potential ceasefire along Ukraine's eastern front. Starmer proposed that 10,000 troops could be part of the force at a London summit on March 15. "The UK expects more than 30 countries to be involved in the coalition of the willing... There would be a significant force with a significant number of countries," the spokesperson said, adding that a "significant number" of countries would provide troops, without specifying how many countries that may be. Other countries involved in the coalition would provide military equipment and support the peacekeeping force in different ways, Starmer's spokesperson said. "The contribution capabilities will vary, but this will be a significant force, with a significant number of countries providing troops and a larger group contributing in other ways," Starmer's spokesperson added. Although many many countries have refrained from publicly committing to providing support, a number of countries including Ireland, Canada, and Australia have suggested they would participate in the group. Other countries, like Poland and Finland have voiced they will retain troops on their own territory to deter Russian aggression. Starmer's spokesperson echoed concerns that a peacekeeping force would need U.S. backing. "The PM has said that for the coalition of the willing and U.K. troops to be deployed it must be in the context of a secure and lasting peace with U.S. backing being needed. Those discussions are ongoing," the spokesperson said. Thus far, the U.S. has ruled out providing security guarantees and deploying its own troops in Ukraine to enforce a ceasefire. ‘Talk about an invasion is everywhere’ — How Lithuania is preparing for war with Russia Throughout Russia’s full-scale invasion of Ukraine, repeated and escalating warnings of the potential for a wider war have only raised fears in the Baltic states that they could be next in the crosshairs of the Kremlin. Talk about a potential Russian invasion is “very common at parties, gatherings,… The Kyiv IndependentYuliia Taradiuk
Over 30 countries are prepared to contribute to the "coalition of the willing" peacekeeping force to support Ukraine, U.K. Prime ...
2 Sumy Oblast hospitals hit by drones hours after Putin agrees to halt energy grid attacks A hospital in Ukraine's northeastern city of Sumy and another in the town of Krasnopillia were hit by drones during a series of attacks on Ukraine, prompting President Volodymyr Zelensky to accuse Vladimir Putin of de facto rejecting a ceasefire. No casualties were reported following the Sumy Oblast strikes at the time of publication. First responders have been dispatched to the sites of the attacks. This came after a call between U.S. President Donald Trump and the Russian president, in which Putin had agreed to halt strikes on Ukraine's energy infrastructure. The Kremlin had announced that Putin had given immediate orders to cease such attacks. However, shortly after the call, air raid sirens blared, and explosions rocked Ukraine. Zelensky confirmed the strikes targeted civilian infrastructure. Local reports indicated that power infrastructure in Donetsk Oblast's Slovyansk was damaged, causing partial blackouts. Kremlin demands halt to foreign military aid, intelligence to Ukraine as condition for avoiding war escalation The Kremlin has demanded a complete cessation of foreign military aid and intelligence to Ukraine as a “key condition for avoiding an escalation of the war,” according to a statement released on March 18. The Kyiv IndependentKateryna Hodunova According to Zelensky, over 40 Russian drones were launched in the assault. "It is precisely such night attacks by Russia that destroy our energy systems, our infrastructure, the normal life of Ukrainians. And the fact that this night was no exception shows that pressure must continue on Russia for the sake of peace," he said. "Today, Putin de facto rejected the proposal for a complete ceasefire. It would be right for the world to reject in response any attempts by Putin to drag out the war,” the president said. Sumy Oblast borders Russia's Bryansk, Kursk, and Belgorod oblasts. Residents of the vulnerable border communities experience multiple attacks per day. Who is to gain more from a ceasefire — Russia or Ukraine? U.S. President Donald Trump said on March 17 that he expects to hold a phone call with his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin to discuss a U.S.-backed ceasefire proposal that Moscow has yet to agree to. Russia has declined to immediately accept the 30-day ceasefire proposal, with the The Kyiv IndependentOleg Sukhov
A hospital in Ukraine's northeastern city of Sumy and another in the town of Krasnopillia were hit by drones during a series of attacks...
Sponsor
Categories
Vatican News - English
War - The Kyiv Independent
BrownGH
IFTTT
Latest
News
Vatican News - English
War - The Kyiv Independent
War news
Watch :
Blog Archive
Blog Archive
August (59)
July (93)
June (93)
May (90)
April (92)
March (97)
February (85)
January (92)
December (96)
November (96)
October (86)
September (94)
August (92)
July (89)
June (69)
May (73)
April (70)
March (63)
February (53)
January (43)
June (23)
May (43)
April (32)
March (48)
February (43)
January (57)
December (51)
November (54)
October (60)
September (72)
August (3)
November (1)
Comments
Powered by
Blogger
.
Post a Comment